Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Interview with Ear 2 There


Blue Crystal Earrings


Today I'd like to present an amazing woman, Pegah Attarpour. She's an extremely talented artist behind the shop Ear 2 There, and it's a pleasure knowing her!



1. Name: Pegah Attarpour
Where are you from? I'm from Gaithersburg, Maryland. 

2. Tell us a bit about yourself and your shop/ business.
Well, I am a college graduate. I got my BA in French and my BS in Biology. I'm actually working a 9-5 office job, but the moment I come home, I immediately jump on the opportunity to work on my Etsy shop. My shop, Ear 2 There, is all about (at the moment) earrings. I hope to expand my line into necklaces and bracelets one day, but who knows! Hence, from "Ear 2 There!" 

3. When did you open your shop?
August 20, 2011

4. Why did you decide to start your shop?
I started making earrings a hobby with my mom and the more we made, the more we decided we wanted to share our earrings with others. Etsy was the perfect place! I love being a part of the community. 

5. How do you promote/ market your business? What works best?
I try to use Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy teams. I think the best that has worked so far is Facebook. 


Ivory Sun Earrings


6. What’s your favourite item from your shop and why?
My favorite item has to be my Ivory Sun Earrings I think they are very beautiful and unique and that's really a theme I've been trying to go for with all of my earrings. 

7. Do you also do business offline?
I haven't done business offline, yet. Everything has gone through Etsy. 

8. Where do you get inspiration?
I get this question a lot! I usually get my inspiration from just about anywhere, really. Whether it's sitting and playing with the different beads, or going outside and letting nature, and people around me influence me...It's really a culmination of things. It's very difficult to pinpoint it to one specific thing. 

9. Who is your target audience? Who would typically buy an item from you?
My target audience is women of all ages! I make earrings for children and for adults. I'm slowly venturing out into making earrings for men, as well. 

10. Do you ship internationally?
Not yet. This is something I have been looking into and hope to provide one day. 

11. What has been the most challenging part of starting and running your own business?
I think the most challenging part has been staying organized and having enough time to do everything. There's always something that needs to be done!

12. What has been the best part of starting and running your own business?
I love love love making earrings! Being able to sell them to others especially through an online site, is also a treat. Also, I love learning and with this whole process, I have been learning a little more everyday. 

Tiny Rose Studs


13. Do you have any business tips you’d like to share with us?
I think my biggest piece of advice is to never give up and be patient! Running a business is a lot of work and time-consuming, but doing something you love makes it all worth it. 

14. If there were anything you could change about your business, right now, what would it be?
If I could change anything, I would have started doing this a lot earlier! It has been such a great experience so far. 

15. What are your goals and dreams for your business for the future?
I really hope to expand my jewelry to necklaces and bracelets, and to continue being a part of this community for as long as I can!

16. Where do you hope your shop will take you?
I heard a story about a woman making jewelry and selling enough to quit her day job and move to the Carribean! I hope this shop takes me as far as that. Doing what I love and being able to support myself with it. 

17. Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
I want to take the opportunity to thank Katrine for this amazing chance and this interview! It was really a pleasure. 




Thank you SO much for taking the time to get interviewed! It's a pleasure knowing you, and I wish you all the best with your beautiful jewelry!

Please show Pegah some love by visiting her links below, and please let us know what your favorite item from her store is in the comments below :D



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Admiring the persistence you put into your site and in depth information you provide. It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed information. Wonderful read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...