Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Easy, Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies! {Testing a Hershey's Recipe}




As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I baked cookies on Sunday. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: I've never baked cookies from scratch on my own before!! I've always used a packet and just added a couple of ingredients. But this time, I started from scratch, using the recipe from my new Hershey's cook book! And they turned out yummy, even though I made a few measurement boo-boos... but let's not talk about that ;)

And judging by the amount of cookies left... they were a hit ;)

As I mentioned, this is a Hershey's recipe, but since I also found it on their site, I hope it's ok that I borrow it to share it with you. All credit goes to Hershey's, except the picture - that's mine ;) And I've changed a couple of things in the recipe as well.


Chocolate Chip Cookies / Testing Hershey's Classic MINI KISSES Cookies

Ingredients

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups Hershey's semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened and cut into pieces
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten


Directions

  • Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
  • Add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract.
  • Heat oven to 375º F.
  • Add butter, and stir until crumbly mixture forms. Get your hands in there (and squish the butter!).
  • Add eggs and stir. (Use your hands here as well, otherwise the eggs won't mix properly).
  • The mixture should be wet but firm.
  • Drop by heaping tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet (I like them a bit bigger than Hershey's does). I roll each "cookie" into a ball for neatness before dropping them on the cookie sheet.
  • Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.

Makes about 40 cookies (depends on how big you make them, but I made them quite big, and I made approx. 40)

NOTE: If you want a really big cookie, rolling an extra big ball of dough won't make it's area bigger... you'll only get a really fat, half-raw cookie. But it turned out really yummy, though ;)


Linking up over here.

What are your favourite cookie recipes?
Any tips for baking cookies?

3 comments:

Unapologetically Quirky said...

Oh, my! My mouth is watering. :) I love chocolate chip cookies. I just made my first batch (from scratch) at the end of May. I can't wait to do it again!!

Love ya,
Jo <3

Katrine said...

Haha I'm glad! I need to bake more already!! Haha
I loooove them too... So yummy!!
Really?! That's impressive, Jo! You're so clever! :)

I can't wait to do it again either:)

Love u too
Katrine <3

Unapologetically Quirky said...

haha, I think I need to bake more blueberry muffins-- I made nearly 3 dozen yesterday, but my siblings and Dad really liked them and so devoured them! :) I liked them too, btw. :D I think there are only a few muffins left.

Thanks-- I of course used a recipe, although they really aren't all that complicated and I probably could've "made up" my own recipe.

Love ya,
Jo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...