Thursday, April 28, 2011

Your Most Important Piece of Clothing

The most important thing you wear is your personality.

Isn't it strange how we often judge a person's taste in music, the mood they're in, what they work as and where they're from just from what they're wearing?

Forrest Gump said, "My Momma always said you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes, where they go, where they've been."


It's strange that people do actually wear their life and  personalities.
I've been looking at people a lot lately.
I've noticed that the clothes on our backs reflect our personalities and who we are. They reflect our mood a particular day, or the type of mood we're usually in. You can tell who's gloomy and who's happy.

I know it's wrong to judge a person by their cover, but everybody registers what's around them. And technically, we're not judging, we're just observing people's impressions on us.

Haven't you noticed how people in a group dress similiarly, or how pet-owners look A LOT like their pets?

Think of a tree; you can tell how old it is and what it's
been through just by looking at it and studying it.
People that know a lot about trees know where they're from.
The enthusiasts are attracted to what interests them, and what's
familiar to them.

I think we're drawn to what's safe and familiar to us.
When we see someone dressed as we're feeling or like the way we're dressed, we get to know them. It's easier to approach someone similiar to ourselves.


I don't believe that I have a certain clothes style, but others may see it differently. Others see and perceive me and my personality differently than how I look at myself. That's how it is for everyone.

I wear a lot of different jewelry, as I make jewelry for myself, I get jewelry as presents, and I buy jewelry. I feel that jewelry can change so much about an outfit. If you've got a plain white t-shirt, and a handful of jewelry, you've got at least 7 outfits! It's amazing how something as small as a ring or a pair of studs can change an outfit.

Fashion is not only wearing what looks good and what everyone else is wearing, it's about wearing your heart. It's about wearing what you feel good in. It's about making you happy. It's about fitting in. It's about showing who you are.



The first thing people look at when you meet for the first time, is your outside; your clothes, hair, shoes, face.
This is their first impression of you.

You could be meeting because the outside attracted you and your style or personality, or because of something else.

Remember how important that first impression is.
Because, no matter how much we don't want to judge people by the way they look, we always do.
It can't be avoided.

How we look could be the reason for getting a job or not getting it. Looks do matter.

However, what's most important to remember is that no matter what clothes you wear, the most important piece of clothing is your personality. 

What we're wearing has a lot to do with selling ourselves (no prostitute reference intended). We're selling our personality to possible friends. We're selling our skills and personality to possible employers.

Wear what you feel is YOU, and you'll make friends and get the job that you desire. Don't be someone else, because being a copy of someone is easier to catch than a great personality.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken!

Shine, and the world will see you shine and shine with you!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Following you from the Versatile Blogger list from Girl Talk. Hope you visit me at Life or Something Like It.

Katrine said...

Hey Aimee, thank you so much once again :D I've posted about it today - yay :D Katrine

Katrine said...

Hey Becky!
Thank you so much!
I'll take a look :D

Katrine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...